Each year is full of growth and accomplishment for every student. At Prairie, this is commemorated through our grade-level programs. Students participate in special activities from their first year through to their last.
- Kindergarten: 100th Day Celebration, Bat Day
- 1st Grade: Coterie Theater trip
- 2nd Grade: Symphony trip
- 3rd Grade: Box City, KC Monuments Bus Tour
- 4th Grade: ROAD (Reach Out And Dance) Program with KC Ballet
- 5th Grade: Biz Town
- 6th Grade: Wildwood, 6th Grade Leadership, Village People, Graduation
As students progress through their years at Prairie these opportunities help foster presentation and leadership skills and provide students with a broad range of experience before they move on to Middle School.
Some of these programs (ROAD, Wildwood, etc.) require additional funding, and we’ve created the Prairie Experience Fund to help fill these financial gaps. You’ll receive information throughout the school year on the fundraising that makes these events possible for your student, and we encourage you to donate what you can.
These programs are what help provide the level of enrichment parents have grown to expect at Prairie, and we need your support to keep them a tradition for years to come.