Part of getting familiar with Prairie is staying in the loop. There are several channels Prairie uses to get information out to parents – we encourage you to use them all to stay current on all things Prairie:
- Weekly Panther Newsletter Email – this email is sent weekly and includes important dates and info for the week.
- School Directory – directories are provided to everyone who joins the PTA. Directories include contact info for all families, teachers, administration and even helpful info about the school year.
Why Join the PTA?The Prairie PTA has a tradition of being a very active organization that benefits the children of Prairie. Through its active volunteer program, the PTA supports the library, garden and cultural activities, as well as providing help in the classrooms. There are more than 30 events and programs that allow you to become an active part of your child’s education, including:
Art in the Garden Earth Day Ice Cream Social
Book Fair Excellence in Teaching Grants Junior Master Gardeners
Carnival Field Day Math Club
Chat-n-Chew Friends of the Library One Book, One School
Chess Club Grandparents’ Day Panther Paw
Cultural Arts Health & Safety Programs Variety Show
- PrairiePTA.org – this site is a great resource for all things Prairie: calendar, recent newsletters, info on the school, volunteer sign-ups, etc. Don’t forget to enter your email (on the home page) to be notified of weekly blog posts.
- Prairie.SMSD.org – this site is managed by Prairie Administration and is a great way to stay on top of SMSD info, check out the lunch menu, view the staff directory and add money to your student’s lunch account.
- Prairie Panthers PTA Facebook page – liking this page keeps you current on weekly info and gives you a sneak peak into classrooms and student activities.
- Calendar – one of the most important ways to stay up to speed. You can even download and import dates into your own calendar system (click here for instructions to import).