We are grateful to have such an engaged, supportive Prairie community. As discussed at last Thursday’s State of the School meeting, Mrs. Jones’ presentation is attached. Data shared by parents during Q&A, as well as additional information shared following the meeting can be found at the link below. Given the amount of information the Prairie Fund received, we created a place where Prairie families can share different perspectives. Please review this information prior to taking the survey.
Based on the data shared and the anticipated Prairie Fund fundraising goal of $112,000, please complete this quick, anonymous, two question survey. We’d like to know which Prairie Fund supported positions you think will best enhance educational programming next school year.Survey link:https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/PrairieFundThe survey will be live until Friday, November 3rd at 5:00pm. Be sure to complete the survey prior to the deadline. We value your input and we hope everyone will respond.Thank you again for your participation. Your donation’s make these opportunities possible.
Thank you!The Prairie Fund
The newest Diary of a Wimpy Kid book is being released on November 7th, and our Prairie students have the opportunity to be one of the first to have it! Through Scholastic, we have the opportunity to purchase this book in advance of it’s release date. Check your child’s take home folder for the order form. Our presale is taking place through Friday, October 13th. All presales will be combined with our November Book Fair sales so Prairie will benefit! If your child did not come home with an order form, feel free to send a check to the office for $8.99 made payable to Prairie PTA with the following information: your child’s name and their teacher’s name. If you have any questions, please email Jessica Brown at email@example.com.
- Our first general PTA meeting is Monday, August 28 at 7:00 pm in the library. This is open to everyone and we encourage you to attend if you can. Here’s what’s on the agenda:
- An In-depth Look at Prairie PTA and how it works
– Fundraising and why it’s important at Prairie
– What is the Prairie Fund
– PTA budget approval vote
- Legislative update
- Internet safety – presented by Officer Wolf
On Monday, August 21, 2017, a solar eclipse will cross the United States from Oregon to South Carolina and we will have a great view of this at Prairie Elementary! This will be the first total solar eclipse to travel coast to coast across the U.S. since 1918.
The PTA has purchased Certified Safe Solar Glasses for the entire school to get outside and see it first hand on Monday.
It should be a very exciting day for all!
Happy first full week of school! Make sure to check our Calendar for important upcoming dates!
Don’t forget about the Ice Cream Social this Wednesday!
4:00-5:00 – Meet your child’s teacher and drop off supplies
4:00-6:00 – PTA opportunities in the gym and ice cream in the Multi-Purpose Room
Visit the gym to:
* Sign your student up for activities and clubs
* Sign up for parent volunteer opportunities. *Tip* If you’d like to sign up now you can do so through your My School Anywhere account. Click here to login to your account. Once you are logged in click the Sign Ups tab for volunteer opportunities. Note: Room Parent spots can only be signed up for at the ice cream social
* Pay for PTA membership/directory, Friends of the Library and yearbook. *Tip* If you’d like to pay for these items now click here to login to your My School Anywhere Store account.
* Seretha and Ellen will be accepting lunch money for your student’s account in the office.
Join us September 23rd at Prairie Elementary for a 5K race or 1 mile Fun Run followed by food, music, and kids’ activities.
This event is for the entire family! The Fun Run begins at 8:00am, and the 5K begins at 8:30am. The 5K is a certified race course complete with a timing chip to record your time. You can walk or run, and the whole family is invited to participate – strollers are welcome! The fun continues after each race with complimentary food and entertainment.
One of Prairie’s major fundraisers, all proceeds from this event go toward funding our Reading Specialist, School Counselor, and Spanish Program. Even if you don’t plan on participating in the event, your registration is a donation toward supporting these important Prairie resources.
To register, please visit: prairie.run
Please contact Sarah Walsh with any questions.